UME & GME Management
Support & Training
MedHub has its own comprehensive scheduling engine that facilitates the creation and management of master rotation block schedules, shift/call and continuity clinic Schedules. The schedule functionality is fully integrated with many other tasks such as institutional reimbursement, affiliated institutional billing, evaluation delivery, resident training history, duty hours and more. The integration of multiple functions with schedules elegantly drives many associated tasks with minimal administrative effort and redundancy. Back-end system logic ensures the integrity of the business process and quality of the data. Administrative users take an oversight role monitoring and ensuring task completion by the users for which they are responsible.
Some features of MedHub scheduling functionality include:
Master Rotation Schedule Management
- Multiple views of the rotation schedule from a single source of truth
- Service key clearly defines the activity and site where the activity takes place
- Rotational activity is 'pushed' to residents personal calendar and duty hours
- The ability to quickly and clearly assign residents to service and clinic activity
- The ability to 'release' residents to other programs for rotation assignments
- New schedule creation wizards allow programs to selectively copy part or all of last year's rotation schedule to the next academic year. Including shifts and calls.
- Schedule creation wizards pull block rotation structures from previous years to save time
Call Schedule Management
- The ability to auto-generate call schedule assignments by 'Q'.
- The ability to allow certain residents to create shift/call schedules.
- The ability to create complex teams-based call schedules.
- The ability to pre-populate duty hours for activities where start/end times are defined
- Real-time access for paging department
- OnCall/Amion import wizard
Vacation / LOA / Away Conference Requests / Approvals
- Workflow approval process for vacation and LOA requests
- Displays accrued vacation/leave days before approval
- Automatically alerts admin if a shift/call is scheduled for the resident before the vacation/LOA is approved
- Approved requests automatically flow to the master rotation schedule, duty hours and residents personal calendar
- Training can be automatically extended for Leaves of Absence
- Paid and Unpaid periods can be defined for approved LOA's
- GME can be alerted for LOA's resulting in an extension of training
- Extension of training automatically creates a training history record
- Residents are notified of of approval or rejection of request
- Complete management of Vacations, LOA's and Away Conferences from a simple intuitive control panel