UME & GME Management
Support & Training
"MedHub's service has been impeccable. They have been supportive throughout our transition and provided sound feedback during our implementation. Transitioning to any new system is difficult, but MedHub has created a system that is very easy to use and navigate....Choosing MedHub was a breath of fresh air."
- Kelly Breffle - Director of GME Operations, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
The MedHub system is a tightly integrated, workflow driven, web-based application designed to streamline complex tasks related to Undergraduate and Graduate Medical Education.
MedHub provides significant value-added to our clients by:
- Increasing efficiency
- Decreasing redundant effort
- Improving audit response
- Streamlining multiple interrelated complex tasks across many user types
- Documenting essential data points around physician training and program accreditation
- Driving institutional quality measures
- Meeting the challenges of regulatory requirements
- Maximizing Medicare reimbursement and affiliated institutional billing
- Consulting on internal business process improvement and regulatory response
MedHub takes a partnership role in ensuring institutional compliance by engaging our clients and being engaged by them. MedHub is extremely aggressive in addressing system improvements and supporting our users. We seek to encourage our member institutions to leverage the majority of integrated system functionality to maximum effect; not portions here or there.
MedHub was developed from the start as an enterprise-only system. MedHub does not deploy within single residency programs and was not designed to do so. MedHub does not implement its system at institutions with less than 150 trainees and does not deploy its UME system at any institution that has not already deployed its GME system.
The result is a robust, flexible and integrated system built to handle large scale complexity and variability other systems were not designed to handle. While other systems also deploy across an entire enterprise, they were also designed to function within a single training program. MedHub was specifically designed for top-level GME/UME oversight and management of all downstream tasks and functions.
Over three-quarters of MedHub’s clients have switched from another residency management system. The others invested significantly in institution-specific customized systems where MedHub was required to replicate portions of system functionality. Some have had experience with multiple systems. The decision to switch systems is significant and requires a compelling rationale to do so.
The reasons most frequently cited for making the switch to MedHub are:
- System integration and workflow
- Sound, efficient and flexible business processes
- Breadth of features – multiple functions not found elsewhere
- Ability to create interfaces, imports, exports, pushes, pulls to and from almost any existing internal legacy system
- MedHub provides unique and completely separate institutionally branded interfaces
* Lawson Payroll
* Credentialing systems (CACTUS)
* Various API feeds
* Timekeeping Card Swipe Systems (KRONOS)
* HR Systems
* Faculty appointment databases
* Shibboleth/InCommon Federation
* Meal Ticket Interfaces
* Oracle O.R. scheduling systems (for case based evaluation matching/delivery)
* ACGME - importing case logs
- No client data is co-mingled in any way
- Extensive experience in converting data from other systems – both internal and 3rd party vendor systems
Nearly every competitors’ RMS:
* My Evaluations
Commercially available databases
* Filemaker Pro
* Microsoft Access
* Dbase III & IV
* MS SQL
Institution specific databases
* Cleveland Clinic - METS
* The University of Michigan - 'Benware'